Developed in Finland by project partners The Service Foundation for People with an Intellectual Disability (KVPS) “This is how I manage” is a person centered tool of describing support needs. The document is a ground breaking tool which helps you identify and assess your need for help and support. This document has been used in a variety of settings including:
- Education: Supporting students / pupils in vocational studies as part of their future planning process.
- Housing services: Supporting individuals when discussing changes in their support needs.
- Older persons: Tracking changes of cognitive / psychological abilities, this document is used as part of a process to track changes in memory when a person is getting older.
- “Transition training”: Supporting individuals as they move from institutional / congregeted setting into Independent Living within the community.
- As a tool in different transition processes – to strengthen a person’s own voice and control
This document has been translated from Finish to English (May 2017) and can be found in PDF below.